Laser Cutting Brisbane
At Langford Metal, we specialise in laser cutting services in Brisbane. Laser cutting is the process of cutting a precise design from any given material by firing a laser which melts, burns, and vaporises your materials until you have the cut you’re after.
At Langford Metal, we provide automatic, large sheet and thick material cutting with three enhanced, high-speed fibre optic laser cutters. Whatever the design is that you have in mind, our Brisbane laser cutting experts can get it done.
Our Laser Cutting Services
Langford Metal’s laser cutters rapidly transform sheet metal into intricately finished designs. From simple forms to complex geometries, we laser cut a variety of metals including stainless steel, mild steel, high tensile steel, aluminium, copper, brass and titanium.
Our facility includes three enhanced, high-speed TRUMPF 6KW & 5KW fibre optic laser cutters. We can automatically load and unload sheets up to 3000 x 1500mm and use vacuum lifters to minimise surface damage. Machine loading is also programmable enabling continuous round-the-clock production.
With the ability to turn work around in minutes rather than hours, our laser cutters achieve 0.1mm accuracy on materials up to 25mm thick to produce smooth, burr-free edges and impressive results. For more information on the laser cutters that we use, contact us today.
- Stainless Steel to 25mm
- Aluminium to 20mm
- Mild Steel 25mm
- Zincanneal / Zincallume all available thicknesses
- Galvanised sheet all available thicknesses
- 3CR12/HYFAB to 20mm
- Hi-tensile plate up to 25mm
- Bisalloy and equivalents to 25mm
- Copper and Brass to 10mm
- Checkerplate to 6mm
The Advantages Of Laser Cutting
There are many reasons as to why you should choose brisbane laser cutting over the traditional means of mechanical cutting. While mechanical cutting uses power-driven equipment to shape the material, it isn’t as efficient or precise as laser cutting. The advantages of laser cutting include:
- Faster turnaround for parts regardless of complexity – No matter what design you’re after, with our laser cutting services, we provide a fast turnaround period. We’re experts in our field, and therefore, we know how to utilise efficient laser cutting to get you your materials within a particular time frame.
- Design changes can be easily accommodated – As we cut your material to produce your design, you may change your mind as to how you want it to look. With laser cutting, we can easily change the design for you based on your needs.
Clean edges and detailed designs – By utilising machines such as the TRUMPF 6KW & 5KW, we’re able to use the ultimate precision to create clean edges for your design.
- Reduced wastage – Laser cutting reduces material waste through programming and the use of software. Our laser cutting machines will minimise material waste and maximise cutting efficiency – allowing for the best of both worlds without having to compromise on the results.
- Computer controlled which eliminates the chances of error – As the laser cutting process is computer controlled, it eliminates the chances of accidental marking or contamination – ensuring that you get the best quality materials designed how you envisioned them.
- Cuts materials and applies a finish – Laser cutting doesn’t just cut; it goes one step further and applies a finish to your design. Therefore, you’re getting more from the process.
- Can cut an array of materials and parts – Laser cutting can cut a range of parts such as sheet metal, flanges for welding, heavy automotive parts, stencils and templates for drilling, logos or other forms of signage, marketing display items, and pipes and tubes. No matter what it is you’re after, we have the laser cutting services to help.
Why Choose Us
We’re a leading player in the Queensland metal industry. At Langford Metal, we know what it takes to create customised designs with precise laser cutting as we’ve been doing so for the past 70 years. Here are only some of the many reasons why you should choose us for your laser cutting service needs:
- Long-serving suppliers to thousands of clients
- We maintain a competitive edge and respond to all your demands
- We take pride in our artistry, commitment, and attitude
- Innovative and practical ideas that we turn into a reality
- We continuously improve what we do
- Superior services
- Competitive prices
- Responsive, productive, and efficient customer service
We take laser cutting seriously and can find a solution to all your metal and design requirements. If our skills fit your needs, contact us today for more information on our laser cutting services.
Advantages Of Laser Cutting Over Mechanical Cutting
Laser cutting has several advantages over mechanical cutting methods, including:
- Environmentally friendly
In summary, laser cutting offers precision, speed, versatility, quality, automation, cost-effectiveness, and environmental friendliness, making it a superior choice over traditional mechanical cutting methods for many manufacturing and fabrication applications.
How Much Does Laser Cutting Metal Cost In Australia
Get In Touch
Are you interested in the laser cutting process? Get perfect designs from a range of materials when you choose the laser cutting services from Langford Metal. We’re experts in everything laser cutting and have years of experience in the industry. When you want laser cutting that meets your requirements, choose our team. For more information, contact us today or call us on 07 3088 9274.